Tuesday, January 26

Buying Locally

I went to the grocery today. I chose to go to our local chain called Buehlers which has 10 locations around here. Prices are a little higher than the big chain next door, but I was able to find more local brands there.

Here are just a few of the foods that I bought that were all made in state. Some things like the milk was produced about 30 miles away from my apartment, and the candle was literally made around 2 miles from here.
Here is a great Q and A from Sustainable Table. They talk about what is considered local and whether you should buy sustainable or local. I always think you should shoot for both. At the very least buy the products locally that you wouldn't buy sustainable anyways.

How important is buying locally to you? Do you know what products and foods are produced in your area?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails