Thursday, February 11

Eco-Nursery

I want this to be said right up front. The Mr. and I are not pregnant. Nor do we have the intention to becoming so for awhile (and by awhile I means years, not months.) We both feel the need to become more financially secure before we venture into that part of life.

Now, just because we aren't trying doesn't mean I'm not researching about what we will do when we do travel down that path. The Petersik's over at Young House Love recently announced that they are with child (a girl to be more precise). So a portion of their posts as of recent have been dedicated to getting their nursery ready for the little one.

I was thrilled when I saw that they were choosing to use eco-conscious furnishings and ideas for the most part as they did through the rest of their home.

I wanted to share with you their progress so far and feel free to follow them to watch as things update.

Painting the Walls

Shopping for the Room

All About the Crib

Making Curtains

The Perfect Chair

I think they have some great ideas to keep things cheap but still safe and environmentally friendly. Of course you could make some things they do a little more eco-conscious, but it would definitely raise the price. And one of the main points of their blog is finding a budget friendly alternative to everything. I will definitely be borrowing their ideas in the future.

Check back tomorrow for Photo Fridays!


Picture from www.younghouselove.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails