Saturday, January 2

Preserve-ing the Environment

I discovered Preserve when we first moved to Colorado, and I visited my first Whole Foods. I needed a toothbrush, and I was interested in eco-conscious products. It was red, said it was made of yogurt cups, and it could be recycled. I was sold. (Let's be honest. I was sold after I saw it was red.) Anyways, I loved not only what it did for my teeth, but I was happy that I was using a product that was good for the environment as well.

Since that fateful day with the toothbrush, I have come to learn, and like, a lot more about Recycline and their Preserve product line. There products are made of recycled #5 plastics, which as you may or may not know are a royal pain in the rear to recycle. They take things like yogurt cups and turn them into toothbrushes, colanders, cutting boards, storage containers, and resusable dishes. They are BPA free and made in the USA.

If you weren't sold already (I was.) they also recycle all their own products after you are done with them. You can go to participating locations (such as Whole Foods) and drop them off or send them back to Recycline; they will recycle them back into more products.

I also just read they are now taking Brita filters as well, which is a mental burden off me since the Mr. and I are in love with our Brita pitcher.

Have you ever used any Preserve products? What is your favorite one? What is your opinion on them? I would love to hear!


Sustainable Susie is not receiving anything for this post. It is her opinion alone based on her own purchases and research.

Pictures from www.preserveproducts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails