Thursday, January 14

Vinegar: The Wonder Cleaner


I am a firm believer in the power of vinegar. It is literally my go-to cleaner for just about everything. Mix it with baking soda and that about covers everything I need for cleaning.

I am a clean fanatic. I am not saying that my place is always clean, but when I clean, I clean. I used to love the smell of bleach and fumes that would burn the back of my throat because to me: Burning throat + Sneezing=Clean. I was always buying the new cleaner and worked "better than the rest" and all that jazz. But as I started reading and learning more about the environmental repercussions that cleaning products have I began to look for alternatives. I realized quickly that no one had anything bad to say about vinegar (besides maybe its pungent smell, but you get used to that).

Here is a list of different things that vinegar is great for that I got off the Mother Nature Network site. You can check out the complete article here.

• An automatic coffee maker cleaner (check the machine's manual first to make sure that running vinegar through it is okay).
• A food-stained pot and pan cleaner.
• A paint brush softener.
• A shower curtain mildew/mold remover.
• A hair conditioner.
• A weed killer.
• A multipurpose scouring cleanser.
• A carpeting color booster.
• A garbage disposal cleaner ... make white vinegar ice cubes to do this!
• An unwanted odor — tobacco, fish, etc. — absorber.
• A varnished wood furniture reviver.
• A toilet bowl, tub, and tile cleaner.
• A window washer.
• A vinyl floor cleaner.
• A fireplace soot remover.
• An ant deterrant.
• A showerhead lime deposit buster.
• An all-around fabric stain fighter.
• A washing machine soap residue remover.
• A rusty bolt loosener.
• A birdbath cleaner.
• A fruit fly and moth catcher.
• A naughty cat discourager.
• A sponge and dishrag renewer.
• A wallpaper and decal remover.
• A urine-stained mattress freshener.
• An all-purpose dirt and grease cutter.
• A pet accident deodorizer/cleaner/stain remover.
• A chrome fixture and appliance shiner.
• A drain declogger and deodorizer.

Need more reasons to switch to vinegar for your every need? Go here to the Heinz Vinegar Tip website.

What are your cleaning products of choice? Do you have more uses for vinegar? Share them in the comments section.


Picture came from http://www.heinzvinegar.com/vinegar-101.aspx.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails