Tuesday, July 6

Old School Camera Getting a New Life

The Mr. bought me an old Minolta at an auction a while back. The Mr. has developed this affinity for auctions as of late. It used to weird me out because my best friend's dad growing up was an auctioneer, and I remember hearing about all the creepy people and places that all the stuff from the auction came from. But now that we are focused more on buying used and not new, I am developed a greater appreciation for auctions and the like.
What I appreciate about this old camera is the sweet leather case. The fact that I can't find regular film for the life of me at stores. (Wait, that is something I don't like about this camera.) Anyways, I like that I re-learning how to take real pictures and not get the instant gratification that digital cameras give me. A delayed gift is a good thing. (Of course, I haven't developed the film yet, so I might regret saying that.)
More importantly I like the fact that there are no batteries or wires and that I get a slight workout every time I lift it up. I enjoy thinking about how this camera was used to chroniclize (probably not a word) another family's memories years ago and hopefully will play a part in mine as well.

Is there anything that you have ever bought used that now holds a special place with you? Do used item weird you out or just par for the course?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails